3M 16000 PPS Paint Preparation System Kit
Order with 0% FinanceTell me more
Order on 0% Finance
HireBuy is a convenient and more affordable method of payment. Don’t compromise your next tool purchase, when you can spread the cost with no hidden charges or interest.
Available on all orders over £300
Pay it back in 3-12 months
0% interest & no hidden chargesApply for finance
3M PPS Paint Preparation System replaces traditional paint mixing cups and filters and drastically reduces the amount of solvent required for gun cleaning.
The unique closed paint system eliminates the need for separate mixing cups and filters. Instead, paint is mixed in a liner bag which marries to a direct filter and is then mounted on the spray gun with a dedicated adapter. As freshly filtered paint is dispensed, the liner bag collapses, allowing the spray gun to function at any angle. Liner bag and filter are disposable, leaving only the spray gun and adapter to be cleaned. 3M PPS is therefore a cleaner, faster system, safe from outside contamination and offering considerable time and solvent savings on gun and parts cleaning.
Only one 3M PPS cup for mixing and spraying.
Closed system – no outside contamination.
Up to 70% savings of cleaning solvent.
Less operator exposure to solvents and reduction in VOCs.
Faster system – from mixing to disposal.
Spray gun functions at any angle.
How to use the 3M PPS System:
1) Remove existing cup from spray gun.
2) Thread correct adapter into spray gun.
3) Remove liner from wall dispenser and place in PPS mixing cup.
4) Use the cup with liner to weigh the paint according to paint manufacturer’s guidelines or insert 3M Mix Ratio Film into the cup before placing liner into the cup.
5) Mix product as needed.
6) Take a lid (with built-in strainer) from wall dispenser and snap onto top of 3M PPS cup/liner.
7) Position locking collar onto the 3M PPS cup/liner and turn until tight.
8) 3M PPS cup shaker core is used to distribute clamping force when shaker machines are used to mix.
9) With spray gun inverted, lower onto 3M PPS cup and lock gun adapter to lid.
10) Make sure that the lid fingers are fully engaged above adapter edge.
11) With air line connected, invert gun and pull trigger (full open, not partial) to bleed air from the liner.
12) Air only needs to be bled if spraying is to be done in the inverted position.
13) With the air removed from the liner, the gun may be sprayed upside down or in any direction to reach into difficult areas.
14) Disconnect air line, invert gun and pull trigger (full open, not partial) to return mix to gun cup before disconnecting gun.
15) To retain unused paint, seal the lid/liner with a sealing cap, and store.
16) When the 3M PPS cup is empty the collapsed liner and lid may be disposed of. Consult local regulations or authorities for proper disposal.
16000 Kit Contains: 50 x lids with 200 micron filters, 50 x liners & 24 x sealing caps.