The Protrade Service Centre is an authorised service agent for all the Power Tool brands we supply.
We stock over £25,000 worth of spares to ensure the support given is second to none. Protrade Service Centre also repairs out of warranty Power Tools for brands we distribute. All repairs are covered by an additional 3 month warranty. Stocked spare parts are also available next day.
With over 45 years’ experience we are one of the leading tool repair companies in the UK. Our service technicians are trained to original manufacturers’ standards.
We are Warranty agents for Fein, Makita, Metabo, Panasonic, Paslode & Milwaukee power tools and are authorised to carry out warranty related repairs.
‘Hand Arm Vibration’ Testing is available either in house or on site. On-site measuring, under actual working conditions, has proven to produce more realistic figures than those obtained using manufacturers’ vibration values.
We use the latest HAVS Testing equipment, which is calibrated by independent authorities to compliance ISO 8041:2005
A Welder Calibration service is offered by our experienced team. All of our test and certification equipment is calibrated by independent authorities and welding plants are tested to EN 50504: 2008.
In house or on site service available.
We offer portable appliance testing to comply with the electricity at work act 1989.
Certificates are provided for all items tested, and labels applied for easy management, monitoring and reviewing of test schedules.
Tool Repair Initial Enquiry
Tool Repair and Service options
Our experienced team will provide a work estimate before proceeding. Manufacturer’s original parts supplied, and work and parts are guaranteed.
Strip Down & Inspection
Estimate for repair
Repair & Return
STEPS FOR REPAIRING POWER TOOLS PURCHASED FROM US AND WITHIN WARRANTY
- Email email@example.com or call us on 03452 60 20 80 quoting ‘Our Ref.’, which can be found on the original Despatch Note underneath ‘Invoice Address’ along with the purchase date. Please also give details of the item to be repaired, its fault and the postal address from which the item is to be collected.
- We will arrange collection of the item, issuing you with a collection date and Repair Reference Number.
- Ensure the item is packaged in an outer box, to avoid further damage, and seal with tape. Write ‘Protrade’ on the outer box followed by the Repair Reference Number.
- When the goods are collected, obtain a Proof of Return Note from the vehicle driver.
- Once the item is repaired, it will be despatched back to the original collection address unless we are otherwise instructed.
STEPS FOR REPAIRING POWER TOOLS OUTSIDE OF WARRANTY PERIOD
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Customer Services on 03452 60 20 80 giving details of the item to be repaired, its fault, plus your personal details, i.e. address, phone number etc.
- We will issue a Repair Reference Number.
- Ensure the item is packaged in an outer box, to avoid further damage, and seal with tape. Send to: Protrade Service Centre, Sidney Robinson Business Park, Ascot Drive, Derby, DE24 8EH. The Repair Reference Number should be written on the outer box. It is advisable that the delivery method is traceable, i.e. carrier or parcel post, as Protrade cannot take responsibility of goods that do not arrive. Alternatively, we can arrange collection at a cost of £15.00 +vat.
- Our Service Centre will check the item and advise a repair estimate if the tool is not covered by an extended warranty. Once repaired and payment is taken, if applicable, the item will be despatched straight back to your requested delivery address, free of charge. If the estimate is declined, there is a cost of £7.50 +vat for returning the item back to you, if required.
The Protrade Repair Policies are only applicable for mainland UK only. For repairs outside mainland UK, call Customer Services on 03452 60 20 80.
In some instances, a Service Engineer may call you if we feel the problem can be resolved, simply and easily, over the phone.
Larger or bulky items (over 25kg) are not covered by our Repair Policies. In these instances Customer Services will advise alternative arrangements.
The Protrade Service Centre will repair most well known ‘Quality Power Tool Brands’, although brands we supply will often take priority. Call Customer Services on 03452 60 20 80 to check whether your tool can be accepted.
Items will not be accepted without a Repair Reference Number.
To make an estimate for repair, the tool is usually ‘stripped down’. If the estimate is declined, the tool cannot be re-assembled for Health & Safety reasons.
For non-account customers a £25.00+vat (£30.00 inc vat) deposit is required. This will then be deducted from the cost of the repair or purchase of a new machine. Valid for 12 months. .