Click the relevant brand to register your tool and extend warranty periods, where applicable.
From 1st July 2016, all power tools purchased with our #BestValueNoMessin Power Tool Support Package, will automatically be registered by us – exclusions apply.
Protrade Power Tool Warranty Guide
Protrade exclusively offer extended warranties on all #BestValueNoMessin tools with our preferred partners, over and above the manufacturer’s warranty. The exclusive UK agreements are highlighted in bold:
Milwaukee – 3 years warranty on power tools – plus exclusively 3 years warranty on the chargers and batteries too.
Mafell – 3 years warranty on power tools – plus exclusively 3 years warranty on the chargers and batteries too.
Panasonic – 3 years warranty on power tools – plus exclusively 3 years warranty on the chargers and batteries too.
Festool – 3 years warranty on power tools, chargers, and batteries too when registered by the customer in MyFestool.
Metabo – 3 years warranty on power tools – plus the chargers and batteries too.
Makita – 3 years warranty on power tools. 1 year warranty on chargers and batteries.
Paslode – 2 years warranty on gas nailers. 1 year warranty on chargers and batteries.
Spit – 2 years warranty on gas and PAT nailers. 3 years warranty on power tools. 1 year warranty on chargers and batteries.
Fein – 3 years warranty on power tools – plus the chargers and batteries too.
Imex – 5 years warranty on iSeries lasers. 3 years warranty on laser levels excluding L2GS.
Armorgard – Ongoing access to replacement keys, available on a next day delivery.
Lamello – 3 years warranty on all biscuit joiners including Zeta P2, Classic X & Top 21.
Prior to 1st July 2016, extended warranties were subject to online tool registration. Festool reintroduced mandatory online tool registration from 5th November 2020, meaning all extended warranties had to be completed directly by the customer – i.e. dealers were no longer able to register tools on behalf of their customers. Certain exclusions may apply to the above. All power tool manufacturers have a similar warranty repair policy in terms of what is covered and what is not. Warranties cover defects in the manufacturing of the product that are attributable to materials or workmanship by the manufacturer.
Warranty does not cover:
- What the manufacturer deems fair wear and tear.
- Willfully overloading the motor which results in motor burn out.
- Abnormal usage conditions.
- Wilful damage, e.g. dropped or excessive force.
- Improper use, such as the use of force, operating outside the manufacturers guidelines, and use of unauthorised tool attachments.
- Neglect, lack of maintenance, inadequate care e.g. not cleaning, blunt tooling & blades etc.
- Damage through external intervention or foreign matter e.g. metal fragments, water, sand & stone etc.
- Modifications without the approval from the manufacturer.
- The item has been opened or a repair has been attempted by an unauthorised person.
- Failure to observe the operating instructions.
- Cell life of batteries has been reached through abnormal use.
- Damage of batteries through external intervention or foreign matter e.g. metal fragments, water, sand & stone etc.
- Neglect or inadequate care of batteries e.g. blocked air vents, damaged contact points etc.
Protrade will strongly support all genuine warranty claims on behalf of the customer. For cordless tools; the most popular reason for warranty rejection is water ingress. No brand of power tool is designed to be used in damp environments or in rainy conditions. The decision on whether a warranty claim is accepted or rejected is at the discretion of the manufacturer. It is important to ensure the right power tool is selected for the job. Trained Protrade consultants will help in the selection process.